The Community Health Representatives (CHR) Program is a vital source of primary care for tribal members who have restricted or no access to medical treatment or services. The CHR program addresses their health needs by arranging direct home care services, transportation and delivery services. Education and community involvement in the CHR program motivates community members to participate in health programs and be responsible in regulating their health.
Home Visits: (Includes but not limited to)
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Sugar
- Assist with bills
- Grocery Store Visits
- Foot Check
- Schedule Appointments
- Patient Advocacy
Services: (Transport patients to and from)
- The Winnebago Hospital
- Pediatric Dental Appointments in Omaha or Sioux City
- Other Approved Out-Of-Community Health Facilities
- Deliver notifications to community members for Doctor Appointments, Medication Information, Medical Information to Client
- CPR and First Aid Classes to community members, programs and hospital staff.
- Assist with EMS calls during the day and after hours 24/7.
- Blood Sugar and Blood Pressure Screenings
- Head checks at all schools and daycares.
- Eye Glass and Hearing Aid Repair
- Deliver commodities and pick up groceries for senior citizens and homebound clients.
- Deliver and translate new medications to clients.
- Provide homemaking requests for seniors and homebound clients.
Located in the IHS Hospital
225 S Bluff St.
Winnebago, NE 68071
Dorothy L. Houghton, CHR Coordinator - Email