AMERICAN INDIAN HUMAN RESOURCE CENTER
The American Indian Human Resource Center and Chee-Woy-Na-Zhee Halfway House recognizes the negative affects alcoholism and drug abuse has on the health & well-being of the individual, their families and the overall stability of the Native American population.
The AIHRC’s mission is to lower the rate of substance abuse among the Native American Population by providing a comprehensive range of established professional outpatient treatment services, halfway house services and youth substance abuse prevention services.
- To provide an alcohol/drug outpatient treatment program for individuals and their families who are suffering from alcoholism and drug addictions and co-dependency issues through therapeutic techniques; individual sessions, group therapy, interventions, support groups, aftercare, case management and referrals.
- To provide Halfway House Services through a structured therapeutic environment to accommodate the recovering alcoholic or drug dependent person, making available alcohol/drug prevention and education group therapy, individual therapy, vocational and/or employment services, social and/or recreational activities that promote a healthy life-style.
- To provide community outreach through sponsorships of recovering community members through resources necessary to enhance their education, prevention and recovery skills to continue their sobriety.
- To provide community awareness on substance abuse through community presentations, social gatherings, workshops, health fairs and local advertisements.
- To provide quality client care through a well established Quality Assurance Program.
Outpatient Treatment Services:
- Alcohol/drug Assessments
- 4-week Outpatient Treatment Groups
- Aftercare Counseling/Groups
- Individual Sessions
- Crisis Intervention
- Client Education
- Community Outreach Prevention/Education Activities & sponsorships
Halfway House Services:
- Pre-Treatment (individuals with and treatment date)
- Aftercare Counseling
- Relapse Groups
- Recreational Activities
- Recovery/Sobriety/Fellowship Activities
- Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and support groups
A.I.H.R.C.-Winnebago Alcohol Program - 108 Maple Street - P.O. Box A - Winnebago, NE 68071 - (402) 878-2480 - (402) 878-2204 Fax
Business Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Friday (After hour Appointments made upon request & with approval of Clinical Supervisor)
- Vacant, Youth Substance Abuse Counselor
Chee-Woy-Na-Zhee Halfway House - 308 Maple Street - Winnebago, NE 68071 - (402) 878-9139 - 24-hour, 7-days a week Staff Coverage
Visiting Hours: 6pm to 9pm Tuesdays & Thursdays - 2pm to 5pm Weekends
- Lorensita “Tita” Merrick, L.A.D.C., Halfway House Counselor/Advisor/Manager - Email
- Benjamin St. Cyr, Halfway House Tech
- Maria Bigbear, Halfway House Tech
- Johnny Scott, Halfway House Tech
- Dawnita Blackhawk, Halfway House Tech