- Submit application, along with a Certified State Issued Birth Certificate to establish parentage.
- Submit social security card and/or any other documents deemed relevant by the Tribal Enrollment Committee.
- If the father possesses Winnebago Indian blood and his name does not appear on the birth certificate, a notarized Paternity Affidavit, Court Order of Paternity or DNA results must accompany the application to acknowledge his blood degree.
(This is for enrollment purposes only.)
Through careful analyses of required documentation, research will be done to verify that the applicant meets the following requirements:
- Has a parent who is a member of the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska or had a parent who was a member of the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska at the time of his or her birth.
- Is at least one quarter degree of Winnebago Indian Blood
- Applicants 18 years or older have not accepted any financial benefits of $1,001.00 or more from any other tribe in a period of five years or less from the date of their application.
- Dual Enrollment is prohibited. If applicant is enrolled with another Tribe, Band, Pueblo, or Indian Nation, s/he must relinquish (conditional relinquishment) their enrollment with that Tribe, Band, Pueblo or Indian Nation.
- For adoption into the Winnebago Tribe: Applicants who do not have a Winnebago tribal member parent, but possess one quarter Winnebago Indian blood, may apply for enrollment, providing applicant submits all required documentation. (Approved applicants will be listed on the Adoption Ballot at the next Tribal Elections.)
The burden of proving eligibility for enrollment with the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska and supplying documentation to the Winnebago Tribe shall be upon the applicant.